Sunday, November 11, 2007

GOTCHA DAY!!!!!!



























We left the hotel around 8:30am and headed for the airport for our 11:35 flight to Nanchang. The flight was smooth and we even got into Nanchang at 1:40, 15 minutes early. Everyone was anxious for our 4:30 meeting with the babies as we headed to the hotel to unpack, get our gifts and baby supplies together. Mema, Edith and I were the first to arrive at the meeting spot and we got to see some of the babies as they got off the elevator, but not Lilli. All but one of these babies were crying and very upset. As the parent arrived they allowed these babies to go to their families. They call out the names one by one, check the passport with the information on the babies tag and hand over the baby. Lilli still had not arrived - we were told that they were stuck in traffic and would be here soon. The next two babies, twins from another orphanage arrived and were given to their parents. Lilli still had not arrived and we got to see the wonderful experience of families meeting for the first time, it was GREAT!! After about 10 more minutes the two babies from ChongRen arrived. They were dressed alike in pink snowsuits. Neither of the babies were crying, Lilli was looking around at everyone and everything. The Chang family was called to get their baby and then I was finally called to get Lilli!! She looked very unsure of her surroundings and appeared very frightened. There was so much confusion in the room with all of the other babies crying. The orphanage staff was there to answer questions and give information about her feeding and sleeping schedule. Lilli appears to be VERY healthy!!! She has cried for about 15 minutes when we first got her, the rest of the time she has been laughing and playing. She is very curious and likes to grab at anything in her way. We are all amazed at how well she is doing and I am just overcome with how blessed our family is. The other baby from the same orphanage - Lily also does not appear to be as healthy. She has a severe case of scabies and a skin bacterial infection. Even 3 hours later she had not eaten anything. She finally at some snacks that I had brought over so I gave them to Jackie in hopes that she could get some food into her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I am still having trouble downloading pictures so Edith has set up a link that hopefully you can see her picture go to http://picasaweb.google.com/seabreeze0/GOTCHADAY
Pls let me know if you can see her picture

8 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

Awesome! You have got to get the pictures coming :) So glad to hear she is smiling and healthy. Our prayers to other little one. May she gain her health soon and peace to her family.

Love the posts!
Peace
ac & fm

andmomwill said...

Tim=Husband/Father: Terrific news (except for the other Lilly). Are you sleeping right now? (7:47PM in North Carolina). When will you have the photos up? We ate dinner and watched the Pather's lose today at Row and Roy's. (they had us over for dinner and cussing at the Pathers). Anywho, we all read your page. Can you call me? If not, can you send me an e-mail?

andmomwill said...

Tim=Husband/Father: Wow! was able to see the photos of edith page. Great looking kid. She looks just like her Grandmother Edith. Great photos of Lilly standig on your lap! She seems to be very happy, which means she and Kelly share the same disposition! Wish you were home soon (laundry is piling up!). I'll show the photos to Andrew tomorrow, as he is staying at Stephen's tonight (They were told not to go out from there). Love, Tim.

Christie said...

Aeeeehhhhhh!(that was a scream) She is gorgeous! Even cuter than Lottie! Definitely the prettiest one ever!!! Big eyes and rosey cheeks (on both ends - Ha!) I'm so glad she's healthy. I'll be praying for the other Lily. She'll be fine too. Kelly, you look so happy in the pictures! Isn't it awesome?! I can't wait to show the kids at school. I won't see them til Friday though....I've been called to do bus driving next week. Can you believe it? I KNEW this would happen! Don't worry though, I got Nancy Reedy to sub for me - just 3 days. Kids are doing great, being so good! Such angels. They're so excited for you and want to see Lilli so badly. Can't wait to see her in person. She really does look wonderful! Even eating and sleeping already - you ARE blessed! Thanks, Edith, for getting the pictures up.....more please! Keep 'em comin'
Love & prayers,Christie

AmyM said...

Hey Kelly- she's beautiful!!! It's wonderful that she seems so comfortable already. I love the picture of you feeding her a bottle and she's falling asleep. It looks so perfect... I know that you are just overjoyed. I'll show off all of the pictures to the Encore gang and I can show them to your kids if you want me to, since Christie will be out for a few days. I'm so excited that it's all finally happening for you and your family! Hugs and kisses to precious Lilli- Amy

Alyson and Ford said...

Love the Pics!!!

SherylT said...

Kelly, I am so happy for you! I know Lilli is such a blessing! Wow! You're finally bringing her home! I know you are overjoyed! God is good! Can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

Hello from Aunt Betty Hair
I send my love,and prayers from Tallahassee, Fl . Iam filled with excitement over this Blessed event! Lilliana Grace is Precious!

God Is So Good!!!
Love You!